Monday, December 30, 2013

Day Three And Still Painting!

 Got out early and went up the road to Spring Lake Park here in Santa Rosa.  I was all set to paint from the night before so I was able to pull up and start right away.  Again I was blown away by how many wonderful Plein Air fans I met.  Almost ran out of cards to give out.  That has never happened anywhere else.  Beautiful morning light and a great patch of scenery.
Spring Lake Morning 8x10 Plein Air
After a long day of sightseeing and getting more reference photos for when I get back to the studio I had time for one more good spot.  I had been wanting to do this tree at the approach to Jack London State Park for over a year.  I was glad I waited since the lighting was just right today.  I loved how it was on the uphill side of trees and played up the green mossy blankets on the trunks.
Oak Trees At Jack London State Park 8x10 Plein Air

No comments: