Tuesday, January 3, 2012

View Of Waimanalo From Bellows Beach 8x10





Here is the "sketch" I did plein air at the beach about a year ago. One of those unfortunate paintings that gets left un-finished for various reasons. Mostly I think it just got too dark and I did not have any lights with me. so....


It sat in the closet for the longest time and I never knew if I should finish it or not.  Tonight I had a great invite to see "My Week With Marilyn" which I have heard good things about but I was disciplined and stayed home to paint.  Not feeling like starting something new I decided to give this one some love.  Did the entire re-paint with only three colors!  Alizarin Crimson, Hansa Yellow Light, and one of my favorites Indanthrone Blue.  I have used this tight palette before for a Koolau mountain scene and really liked the way you are forced into a very harmonious color scheme.  Below is an example of the many colors that spin out from this combo and the great "mud" that lands in the middle.
(SOLD)

No comments: