Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Golden Buddha At Lyon Arboretum


A recent outing to one of my favorite plein air spots yielded some surprises. Lyon arboretum moved this golden Buddha statue and cleaned it up. She used to have a great cliffside view surrounded by banyan tree roots. The years of patina had built up to layers of gorgeous green. Now she has a new more accessible spot and has been polished back to a golden shine. I had another painting in mind but it started to rain forcing me to setup under an overhang where I had a great view of the statue and decided to give it a try. Ended up being really pleased with the result. This was one of those paintings that really clicked on auto-pilot. Other artists will know what I mean by that. Hope you like it, please leave a comment if you do.
(SOLD)

No comments: